Just got back from a week in the Great Smoky Mountains in Georgia and North Carolina with my friends George and Abby and Dana and Rob and Holly.
My trip started out in Atlanta, which is a happening town, as you probably know. It’s got a great public transit system known as MARTA — fast, clean, smooth and inexpensive — a fantastic international market with aisles and aisles of local food, as well as items from all over the world, and lots of great restaurants, cafes and clubs.
One highlight of my trip was a visit to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens, where they have made some brilliant sculptures of people, animals and monsters out of plants.
Latest posts by Steve Hartshorne (see all)
- Faulkner’s Idea of a Happy Ending - November 25, 2016
- The End of Wickedness - October 25, 2016
- Spensa Fahiya Meets Cousin Bunny - October 9, 2016
- An Interesting Footnote - September 7, 2016
- A Little-Known Section of the Emma Willard Curriculum - August 2, 2016