However short this trip is, it was fine with me to spend the day looking out at the Gulf of Mexico from my seventh floor perch here at the NH Hoteles. When I checked in, they strapped a wristband on me that’s provided me with Coronas and food for the whole time. Love the concept!
I was happy to join the other journalists and accept my plaque in front of an intense pack of TV and newspaper photographers, who clicked at us from all angles. I shook the governor’s hand and it was nice to sit next to Erika Mitsinaga, the charming press liason who showed us around when we came last January.
Cancun and the Yucatan region account for a full third of the country’s tourism revenues, I learned today. People in higher levels of government here are finally figuring out how important tourism is…and that means you gotta have good press too.
Latest posts by Max Hartshorne (see all)
- Life in the 413: Having a Little Fun with our Beloved Valley - April 26, 2017
- Puffin Beach, Iceland - April 24, 2017
- The Peak District: Stunning Countrysides and Vistas - April 22, 2017
- Manchester’s Fortunes Rise and Fall with Its Sports Clubs - April 19, 2017
- Manchester Is Still the Home of Great Public Houses - April 18, 2017