However short this trip is, it was fine with me to spend the day looking out at the Gulf of Mexico from my seventh floor perch here at the NH Hoteles. When I checked in, they strapped a wristband on me that’s provided me with Coronas and food for the whole time. Love the concept!
I was happy to join the other journalists and accept my plaque in front of an intense pack of TV and newspaper photographers, who clicked at us from all angles. I shook the governor’s hand and it was nice to sit next to Erika Mitsinaga, the charming press liason who showed us around when we came last January.
Cancun and the Yucatan region account for a full third of the country’s tourism revenues, I learned today. People in higher levels of government here are finally figuring out how important tourism is…and that means you gotta have good press too.
Latest posts by Max Hartshorne (see all)
- August Brings So Much Great Music to Our Valley - August 10, 2017
- August at Home, But Many Fall Trips Await! - August 9, 2017
- Jardins de Metis: Being Well Taken Care of by a Fourth Generation Owner - July 28, 2017
- Rimouski, the Gateway to Gaspesie, Is Worth a Stop - July 23, 2017
- Gaspesie, Quebec: Natural and Untouched - July 23, 2017