I am so happy to have one less reason to look down at my phone. The photo explains it, yes I have rejoined the people who wear watches once again. I was very sad when my reliable, waterproof Swatch finally ran out of battery, and dismayed when a jeweler told me that I couldn’t open the back and replace the battery.
So I’ve been among the legions of the watchless, having to look at my iPhone to tell time. The world doesn’t need any more reasons to look at phones, already it’s a plague, look around and what do you see? People walking and looking, people at restaurants sitting across from each other staring down…it’s everywhere.
This new watch is a beauty. It’s made by a Swedish company, Skagen, and has actual numbers. Plus, it’s got the date and that’s one thing I am always wanting to know. I have my sweetheart Mary to thank for this lovely time piece, and when I had the jeweler remove a link and it fit perfectly, I sighed contentedly.
Because no one needs another reason to look at their phone.
Latest posts by Max Hartshorne (see all)
- August Brings So Much Great Music to Our Valley - August 10, 2017
- August at Home, But Many Fall Trips Await! - August 9, 2017
- Jardins de Metis: Being Well Taken Care of by a Fourth Generation Owner - July 28, 2017
- Rimouski, the Gateway to Gaspesie, Is Worth a Stop - July 23, 2017
- Gaspesie, Quebec: Natural and Untouched - July 23, 2017