I’m looking forward to seeing a show at Bowker Auditorium at UMass tomorrow night. It’s the kind of music I’ve loved when I’ve been traveling. Arabic music has a pulse and a groove that’s unmatched by any other genre. They get lost in the trance-like groove and some of their instruments are so different, the sounds are spectacular.
This is a collection of players from all over the Arab world…mixing danceable tunes with traditional melodies.
The roster is a eclectic–Laith Alattan, vocals, from Iraq. Simo Filali Chahad, keyboards and guitar, from Morocco, Cheb Yassin, Algeria, Karim Nagi, a DJ from Egypt, and American Paul Hefti on guitar.
Give them a listen…tickets Fine Arts Center Box Office 545-2511/ 1-800-999-UMAS
Latest posts by Max Hartshorne (see all)
- Life in the 413: Having a Little Fun with our Beloved Valley - April 26, 2017
- Puffin Beach, Iceland - April 24, 2017
- The Peak District: Stunning Countrysides and Vistas - April 22, 2017
- Manchester’s Fortunes Rise and Fall with Its Sports Clubs - April 19, 2017
- Manchester Is Still the Home of Great Public Houses - April 18, 2017