I’m looking forward to seeing a show at Bowker Auditorium at UMass tomorrow night. It’s the kind of music I’ve loved when I’ve been traveling. Arabic music has a pulse and a groove that’s unmatched by any other genre. They get lost in the trance-like groove and some of their instruments are so different, the sounds are spectacular.
This is a collection of players from all over the Arab world…mixing danceable tunes with traditional melodies.
The roster is a eclectic–Laith Alattan, vocals, from Iraq. Simo Filali Chahad, keyboards and guitar, from Morocco, Cheb Yassin, Algeria, Karim Nagi, a DJ from Egypt, and American Paul Hefti on guitar.
Give them a listen…tickets Fine Arts Center Box Office 545-2511/ 1-800-999-UMAS
Latest posts by Max Hartshorne (see all)
- In Denver, the Question is…Where Did You Come From? - March 24, 2017
- Denver’s Already Amazing! - March 23, 2017
- Departing for Denver Thursday, for a Ski Train and Good Times - March 22, 2017
- Jimmy Breslin Knew How to Take the Pulse of the City He Loved - March 20, 2017
- A Sick Day Forces Me to My Bed All Day Saturday - March 18, 2017