I’m looking forward to seeing a show at Bowker Auditorium at UMass tomorrow night. It’s the kind of music I’ve loved when I’ve been traveling. Arabic music has a pulse and a groove that’s unmatched by any other genre. They get lost in the trance-like groove and some of their instruments are so different, the sounds are spectacular.
This is a collection of players from all over the Arab world…mixing danceable tunes with traditional melodies.
The roster is a eclectic–Laith Alattan, vocals, from Iraq. Simo Filali Chahad, keyboards and guitar, from Morocco, Cheb Yassin, Algeria, Karim Nagi, a DJ from Egypt, and American Paul Hefti on guitar.
Give them a listen…tickets Fine Arts Center Box Office 545-2511/ 1-800-999-UMAS
Latest posts by Max Hartshorne (see all)
- August Brings So Much Great Music to Our Valley - August 10, 2017
- August at Home, But Many Fall Trips Await! - August 9, 2017
- Jardins de Metis: Being Well Taken Care of by a Fourth Generation Owner - July 28, 2017
- Rimouski, the Gateway to Gaspesie, Is Worth a Stop - July 23, 2017
- Gaspesie, Quebec: Natural and Untouched - July 23, 2017