Last night I left the confines of the comfy upper Valley and ventured to West Springfield to the Majestic Theater. My friend Brad Shepard was singing, and I wanted to bring fellow singer Lennie Zarcone to hear him. I thought they had a lot in common, two men who love the American Songbook and who sing the old classics. They also both appeal to a slightly older demographic.
The show started with pianist Richie Mitnick running through the musical basics for all of the songs to come. ‘When You’re Smiing,” “Summer Wind” Under My Skin,” “Falling in Love Again,” Brad always picks the old chestnuts that he can sing well. I also got a kick out of his version of My Way, titled Her Way, an ode to the many dominating females we live with.
He brought up his daughter Merrill Shepard, who thrilled the crowd with her sweet voice and pretty demeanor, and just kept on singing the songs we hoped to hear. It was a great night of music and I was happy to again be in the friendly confines of the Magestic, where the volunteers are so friendly and the drinks are a deal!
The Majestic theater has a lot of shows coming up, from music to drama and it’s a fun venue for any occasion.
Latest posts by Max Hartshorne (see all)
- August Brings So Much Great Music to Our Valley - August 10, 2017
- August at Home, But Many Fall Trips Await! - August 9, 2017
- Jardins de Metis: Being Well Taken Care of by a Fourth Generation Owner - July 28, 2017
- Rimouski, the Gateway to Gaspesie, Is Worth a Stop - July 23, 2017
- Gaspesie, Quebec: Natural and Untouched - July 23, 2017