I am looking beyond the holidays today, off to a magical event that was the highlight of last winter. That would be the upcoming Masterpiece Ball in Celebration of Downton Abbey, to be held on Friday January 3 at the Log Cabin.
What a wonderful night it was last year! With fascinators flowing above the womens’ elegant gowns, and men in crisp white shirts and tuxedoes, there were also people dressed as Downton characters, like a nurse and a doughboy.
The food was exquisite and the music perfect–1920s songs played by a full orchestra. Monte Bellmonte did a light-hearted quiz to see how much the audience knew about the show, and there were silent auction doorprizes and more.
There are still tickets left but it sold out last year. Get tickets!
Latest posts by Max Hartshorne (see all)
- How Much Do Things Cost In Portugal? - September 22, 2017
- In Fuzeta, Algarve, the Place to Stop is Nuno’s - September 21, 2017
- Salema, Portugal: No Soup for You! - September 20, 2017
- Lisbon’s Bouncing Back and the Streets are Packed - September 19, 2017
- Pico, Azores: Spelunking and Exploring the Coast - September 18, 2017