I am looking beyond the holidays today, off to a magical event that was the highlight of last winter. That would be the upcoming Masterpiece Ball in Celebration of Downton Abbey, to be held on Friday January 3 at the Log Cabin.
What a wonderful night it was last year! With fascinators flowing above the womens’ elegant gowns, and men in crisp white shirts and tuxedoes, there were also people dressed as Downton characters, like a nurse and a doughboy.
The food was exquisite and the music perfect–1920s songs played by a full orchestra. Monte Bellmonte did a light-hearted quiz to see how much the audience knew about the show, and there were silent auction doorprizes and more.
There are still tickets left but it sold out last year. Get tickets!
Latest posts by Max Hartshorne (see all)
- Puffin Beach, Iceland - April 24, 2017
- The Peak District: Stunning Countrysides and Vistas - April 22, 2017
- Manchester’s Fortunes Rise and Fall with Its Sports Clubs - April 19, 2017
- Manchester Is Still the Home of Great Public Houses - April 18, 2017
- Manchester’s Next Best Place to Watch the Match, After Old Trafford - April 17, 2017