It’s the time of the year for our annual Where We Went Column, when each of our regular contributors to share a narrative about where they went during the year.
Some years the stories are pretty long because each place still resonates with the writers and they want to put in as many details as they can. Other times I have to cut the pieces down because they veer too far from where they went to how they feel or felt. Gotta keep them on track, that’s what and editor is for.
I am reading through Sonja Stark’s yearly travel, she took quite a few different domestic trips like San Antonio, San Diego, and a diving trip to
Honduras. My cousin Steve’s report is about three trips down south, to Bald Head Island and Wilmington SC, and Charlottesville VA where his story focused on film locations.
Right now to do this story I’ve got all of my notebooks piled up on my desk to recall my travel details. I made it to Colombia, Bellingham WA, Vancouver BC, Ecuador, Vermont, Belize and the north of France in 2013.
Every year I hope to add more places and countries to my ultimate travel destination list.
Here are the stories we’ve published over the years about where we went:
Latest posts by Max Hartshorne (see all)
- August Brings So Much Great Music to Our Valley - August 10, 2017
- August at Home, But Many Fall Trips Await! - August 9, 2017
- Jardins de Metis: Being Well Taken Care of by a Fourth Generation Owner - July 28, 2017
- Rimouski, the Gateway to Gaspesie, Is Worth a Stop - July 23, 2017
- Gaspesie, Quebec: Natural and Untouched - July 23, 2017