Some Pictures from Sikkim

by Mridula on January 2, 2007

in India-Chia Border,nathula,Sikkim,vacation

The Road to the Nathu-La (India-China Border, Sikkim)

I am back from my trip to Sikkim and the semester has begun too! I have so much to write about the trip but it will take me a few days to start writing proper posts. I thought, in the meanwhile, I will share my pictures from Sikkim.

I thank you all so much who have left comments on my previous posts. I hate to leave my comments unanswered but that too will take me a day or two. I hope the new year started on just the right note for all of you. My right note is visible in the pictures.

1. I am Back!
  2. Two New Things on the Card: A Canon Digital Rebel and a Trip to Sikkim
  3. Yet More Pictures from Ladakh
  4. An Ode to my Departed Ladakh Pictures
  5. Do Not Try to Drive me Away from Desipundit Vulturo

lakshmi November 13, 2010 at 11:27 am

breathtaking ocean of clouds..saw something similar in tawang..near sela pass

Mridula January 14, 2007 at 7:24 am

Dear Chitra,I have written you a mail. And we did most of the trip on our own, did not pre-book the hotels at any place. The trip to Nathu-La and Yumthang Valley too, we booked after reaching Gangtok.

chitra z parpia January 13, 2007 at 9:44 am

Dear Mridula,I came across your sikkim blog while i was researching for info to travel to sikkim in Sept. Did you travel on your own or with a tour operator … any recommendationm… there is a flood of providers on thenet … chitrazp@comcast.net

Mridula January 6, 2007 at 12:10 pm

Anil, you have a way with words. Thanks a lot for your wishes.

Anil P January 6, 2007 at 10:38 am

Is that an ocean of clouds? Breathtaking view. Wish you a new year of rediscovering the old, and also the new.

Mridula January 6, 2007 at 5:29 am

Ketan, I wrote a detailed post and then had to take it down as the Gonomad guys are considering it for publication on their main webpage. I hope the entire article would be available soon.Deepak, how was your vacation? I hope you had a wonderful time.Qaminante, soon, a more detailed article would appear.Thanks Ritwik.Ajeya, I am going to that soon, as I said I already did it and then had to take it down.Cuckoo, getting to the hills is as close to heaven as I will ever get probably :)

Anonymous January 6, 2007 at 4:06 am

Picture looks out of this world ! In heaven !!

AJEYA RAO January 5, 2007 at 3:56 am

Awesome…Need to plan a trip to Northeast soon….Now that I am back :-) ) Do post more on your trip…

Ritwik January 4, 2007 at 2:18 am

Superb picture. Cheers.

qaminante January 3, 2007 at 8:27 pm

Oh wow, looks wonderful. Looking forward to the rest.

Anonymous January 3, 2007 at 12:13 am

Mridula,Wish you a wonderful new year too! Good to see you back :)

Anonymous January 2, 2007 at 8:52 pm

this one on top of the clouds, is beautiful picture.How was the weather? Esp, did you find it a good time of year to visit the place? I have this idea of seeing one full cycle of sun(ie. 24 hrs day), wherever I go(if others are patient enough). and hence the question … what part of the day did you find most interesting? why? How was the food? and people?

Mridula January 2, 2007 at 4:21 pm

Prashanth, a very happy new year to you too. I will try to put up the story soon.Sigma, it does feels like heaven.

Anonymous January 2, 2007 at 12:37 pm

Wow! This is an amazing pic from theabove the clouds! Seems like heaven :-)

Prashanth M January 2, 2007 at 8:31 am

Beautiful photos & welcome back. Waiting for the story :) And a very happy new year