Looks Like Heaven!

by Mridula on March 15, 2007

in himachal pradesh,Mandi,My Himachal,Prashar Lake

Prashar Lake: Picture courtesy Yash Raj of My Himachal
I saw this picture first as the banner of My Himachal’s tourism section. I am hooked, I am smitten, I am completely bowled over. I immediately wrote to Avnish (the anchor of My Himachal) and got a very encouraging reply from him. He put me in touch with Yash Raj and I am trying to figure out when can we go.

The lake is apparently 30km from the road-head (near Mandi in Himachal) and though vehicles ply, we will of course like to trek. Only, I don’t think I can walk 30km in one day. But I am sure we will find a way around all this. So, I sincerely hope, sometime in May I will be there.

After looking at the picture can you blame me for being smitten?

PS. When I asked Yah Raj can I use his picture at my blog, this is what he said “yes its not a question to ask to fix any of my pic into ur webpage or into da blog…these pics anybody can use coz himachal is not only mine …”

1. Manali: The Plastic Heaven

Mridula May 31, 2009 at 10:08 am

Tanveer do visit Himachal, you would enjoy. This picture belongs to yash raz from My Himachal and I have used it here with permission.

Tanveer May 27, 2009 at 5:39 am

I’ve seen this pic before when I used in a Presentation . When it comes up Big on the projector full screen . You can literally feel the crowd gasp.Amazing pic , Truly awesome .. I will come to Himachal one day !!!

Mridula March 21, 2008 at 9:07 am

Kumar, I am in search of more such places, let us see if I find them.

Kumar March 21, 2008 at 7:37 am

Superb spot dude:-) Love going to such places…go on add some more…

Mridula May 18, 2007 at 6:53 am

Sidhu, now that I have done the trek, it was one of the steepest climb I have ever done! And the place is even more fabulous than the picture!

Sidhusaaheb March 24, 2007 at 5:19 pm

Trekking 30kms in a day isn’t all that tough if you get down to it. I’ve done about 20kms in a day on average (some days it was more than 25 and on others only about 18, depending upon the route and terrain) for 5 days i.e. 100kms, in all. It’s a different story that I had lost 5kgs at the end of it!The picture is fabulous, of course.

Mridula March 23, 2007 at 4:32 am

Akira, thanks a lot for your comment.Anonymous, thanks for the link.My Himachal, your help in getting to know Prashar Lake is much appreciated

My Himachal March 22, 2007 at 2:01 am

Since you all liked snaps, we would like you to get more mesmerized here!

Anonymous March 21, 2007 at 4:28 pm
Akira March 21, 2007 at 8:55 am

Mridula,Won’t blame you fr being smitten…Reg: Yah Raj’s statement – Pahadi mein rehenewale logon ka dil sach much bada hota hai…they might be going through a ton of hardships…yet they will smile and lend you a helping hand genuinely!

Mridula March 20, 2007 at 6:37 pm

Priyank, I am not aware of this cycling trip but I got in touch with the onwer of the photo who is from Mandi and I am finalizing the plans, we might go in May if everything works according to the schedule.

Priyank March 17, 2007 at 4:09 pm

Mridula, did you hear abt the Himachal MTB cycling event last year? This lake was one of the scheduled stops. I’m sure some of your fans has “been there done that”. And can give further info.

Mridula March 16, 2007 at 5:42 pm

Avnish, if things go according to the plan,we definitely will go there again in May.Pooja, I too just fell for the place instantly.Ajeya, so when are you taking a break next?Manu, thanks for stopping by.

Manu March 16, 2007 at 5:42 am

God save Himachal from guys who’re willing to share..

AJEYA RAO March 16, 2007 at 4:30 am

Awesome……I wish i could have joined tooo….:-((

Pooja Aggarwal March 15, 2007 at 8:47 pm

Really nice picture – almost out of this world. And I like Yash’s thought that “Himachal is everyone’s”.

Avnish Katoch March 15, 2007 at 6:03 pm

Thank you for kind words! As Yash, pointed, Himachal is everyone’s and we want to show you the hospitality in true essence, “Athithi Devo Bhav”! Please come visit our beloved state! We would welcome you with open arms!