Some Pictures from Prashar Lake and Mandi

by Mridula on May 17, 2007

in himachal pradesh,Prashar Lake,vacation

The Temple at the Prashar Lake, Himanchal Pradesh
I have now uploaded some of the pictures from the trip to Prashar Lake. And this time I did not leave my cell phone behind. Though I wish I had! The small hitch was that unlike Shringi Vatika, the cell used to work here at many points and twice people borrowed it to make phone calls. I am planning to pitch this story to Gonomad first, so bear with me.

PS. Saw a picture of the Lake in winter and I thought I wanted to go to Diu this December! I should remember that I hate walking on snow and I slip and slip and slip ….

1. I am Back from Prashar Lake
  2. May Seems to be so Far Away …
  3. Some More Pictures from Shringi Vatika and Around
  4. Renuka Lake, Himanchal Pradesh, is a Beauty
  5. Straight from the Sabzi Mandi (Vegetable Market)

Mridula May 21, 2007 at 11:32 am

Sigma, I have to agree with you. I am scared of walking o snow and the cold both but the picture just wants to make you find ways of doing it somehow!

Sigma May 21, 2007 at 8:47 am

Ohh! looks like my previous comment has vanished!The link that you referred, that of the lake in winter, is simply stunning. I would have loved to go there, but all that snow scares me … brrrr … :-D

flygirl May 20, 2007 at 1:36 pm

wow! it’s like the durbar square pagodas in katmandu!

Mridula May 18, 2007 at 4:55 am

Prashanth, that is right but I do want to try :) Villa, thanks a lot.Ishwar, saw your post on Switzerland and it is an interesting post. About Himachal, what kind of a place you want? Peace and quiet or crowd? Shringi and Prashar lake, both are excellent if you want some peace and quiet. I can give you the numbers if you wish.Priyank, there kitna naam hain? Ah! this December I may go to Diu, otherwise it has often been just the hills but I am not complaining.

final_transit May 17, 2007 at 3:42 pm

!AWESOMEMAX! pictures :) Hey, I havent seen your travel stories anywhere south of Delhi. Diu would be great. Also, Himalayas are so approachable to you guys, just a day away (damn! those Delhiites …hehehe)So maybe both!

Ishwardeep Singh May 17, 2007 at 1:09 pm

Wow – nice pictures! I’m in India right now, planning to go to Leh on 1st June, and had plans to travel around Punjab but they got screwed because of the mindless violence :( Any recommendations to visit places in Himachal if I have 5 days to kill (I’m in Chandigarh right now!).BTW check out my blog – I just came from Switzerland – and leave some comments for improvements in writing etc.!

Villa May 17, 2007 at 10:01 am

Lovely pictures. They do a great job of showing off a different side of india.

Prashanth M May 17, 2007 at 8:50 am

nice photos… waiting for the story… if it GoNomads means wait time is more :(