Which Bird is This?

by Mridula on August 17, 2009

in Birds,Canon D350,Indiamike,Madhya Pradesh,Orchha,Photography

Asian Pied Starling at Orchha (found the name via Indiamike)

Clicked at Orchha, No Clue What is the Name (when posted originally)
Uploaded the picture so that the good folks at Indiamike, who are having fun at my expanse as of now, could identify it. Somehow I have not been able to load it there.

1. Lazy Sunday Photo- Butterflies at Orchha
  2. Lazy Sunday Photo- Lady with a Load, Uttrakhand
  3. Painting at Itmad-Ud-Daulah's Tomb, Agra
  4. Indiamike and The India Tree
  5. Birds at Barog, Himachal Pradesh

{ 1 trackback }

Birds Bird Pictures
December 6, 2010 at 10:21 am

Mridula August 20, 2009 at 3:59 pm

VS it made for a good picture, whether I go with your version or Tarun and Megha's!

VS August 20, 2009 at 3:32 pm

I think he (she?) is pondering over something. Maybe the quality of the feed. :o )

Mridula August 19, 2009 at 5:45 pm

Megha Tarun also had the same idea :D

Megha August 19, 2009 at 5:35 am

hmm…Interesting…Is he shying at the camera ;)

Mridula August 18, 2009 at 3:15 pm

Nilesh so you are escorted everywhere you go near Jhansi :D Have you walked around the Jahangir Palace complex, where the smaller structures are or around the cenotaphs? I thought both the walks are beautiful.

Nilesh August 18, 2009 at 10:40 am

I do not have exact direction. you have to comeback to Jhansi to go to this dam, total distance must be around 40km. the dam is called matatila dam.

Mridula August 17, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Sujata, I of course had no clue. Thanks for letting me know and you just made my day. Keep Blogging :D Thank you Mindspace.Nilesh, no I don't think I saw the dam, which direction should one take? It was raining a lot and we could not eve explore the ruins next to the Jahangir Palace properly :( Tarun you sure do have an imagination :D Sunita, thank you for the link.

Sunita August 17, 2009 at 11:32 am

So this is where he came from! I found two Pied Mynahs in my garden in Mumbai this summer and was a bit puzzled because I'd never seen one before. And now that the rains have come they've disappeared … probably to Orchha.He was part of my post at http://the-urban-gardener.blogspot.com/2009/06/once-upon-bird-bath.html

Tarun Mitra August 17, 2009 at 8:58 am

did you winked at him? ;) Look he is so shy.Nice shot :)

Nilesh August 17, 2009 at 8:46 am

so you have been to Orchha last weekend… i have been to this place couple of times, a very good place.. (my wife is from Jhansi so every time we go there my in-laws take us there :) ) hopefully you have been to Betwa river dam as well, another good place for natural beauty.

mindspace August 17, 2009 at 7:53 am

Very pretty…

Sujata August 17, 2009 at 7:12 am

Mridula, I have to share the reason I started bloging with you, for YOU are the reason. Few years back I was feeling home sick for India, so I started surfing and came across your blog on -I think -Nomad.com. I was impressed and filled with the desire to share my pictures I had taken while visiting India. I have two reasons for sharing, first to thank you for such inspiring pictures and second I thought you would like to know that you got a fellow blogger started on her journey! :)

Sujata August 17, 2009 at 6:47 am

Beautiful! Bird as well as the picture. It is really hard to capture these beauties.