I Would Break My Ankle for Sure!

by Mridula on December 1, 2009

in Manchester,Photography,Sony Cybershot W220,UK

High Heels (Clicked at Manchester Airport Shopping Area)

I often kill time in the airports by walking around the shopping area. I hardly ever buy anything, though chocolates are an exception to this rule. And if I am wondering around I would of course click pictures. Saw these mini towers at the Manchester airport forgot to look at the price tag though.
I really truly marvel at people who can walk in these towers without injuring themselves. I for sure would break my ankle in a few short steps if I ever tried walking in high heels. But then I have seen people walking around in them. And sometimes on a weekend at night also walking around barefeet with high heeled shoes in their hand!
PS. And no I have not bought a new Sony Cybershot, I only borrowed it from one my colleagues for this trip.

1. Lazy Sunday Photo- Eggs and Egg Crates on a Bicycle
  2. Lazy Sunday Photo- Trafford Center, Manchester, UK
  3. Hopping Over!
  4. A Short Break
  5. Time to take a Short Break, Again!

Sanand December 3, 2009 at 4:49 am

I can understand models wearing them because it creates an impact of sorts but I really can't imagine ordinary people wearing them without risking a really bad fall.

Mridula December 2, 2009 at 7:41 am

Sangfroid, thank you. I wonder why people decide to wear them, they do make a person 'look' a certain way but then I am sure it is not for me.Rocksea, neither can I.Thank you Ramesh, maybe next time when you are in Delhi/Gurgaon, then we would not need a visa!Tarun, some men also wear heels!Sankara, they for sure were high! And hence the picture.Diva, yes the university had arranged for a cab. It took us one hour to reach there.Bndu, I agree flats are more enticing particularly when we like to walk!Sandeep I also wonder the same :D

sandeep December 2, 2009 at 6:13 am

i've always wondered how can anyone wear such high heels!

bindu December 2, 2009 at 5:17 am

Looks like you've been traveling a lot. Those heels are high indeed. I own 1-2 pairs of small heels, but rarely use them. The flats are always more enticing!

diva December 1, 2009 at 7:54 pm

nice pics..how far was manchester airport from yr hotel? by cab?

Sankara Subramanian C December 1, 2009 at 7:08 pm

WOW!! Nice capture!!They sure do look BIG!!

Tarun Mitra December 1, 2009 at 6:42 pm

Then you are one of the 'Saner' woman…I still cannot fathom the reason why woman like to get tall without exercising :P

Doli December 1, 2009 at 5:55 pm

hmmm i guess those ladies wear them for short periods of time.. i cant wear them even for 5 mins i think

R. Ramesh December 1, 2009 at 4:10 pm

bad bad sad sad u were in dxb and yet v coulnt catch up…anywy.good to hear u had a gr8 time…cheers friend:)

rocksea December 1, 2009 at 2:12 pm

my my… this is one thing i still can't digest… :)

Sangfroid December 1, 2009 at 1:32 pm

Welcome back :-) It hurts those who wear them. There is no exception. It is just that some choose the pain :-P