Skywatch Friday- Rainbow at Lancaster, UK

by Mridula on December 10, 2009

in Lancaster,Rainbow,Sky Watch,UK

The Rainbow at Lancaster, UK
I have never seen so many rainbows in such a short span of time ever before in my life. The week I was at lancaster I saw the Rainbow 4 times and photographed them on three occasions. The other three were even more fleeting but they were still rainbows.
And this is the sort of thing I enjoy, not this fighting over copyright. Sigh, was this beautiful rainbow phase two weeks before only?
See other Skywatch pictures from around the globe.
Apologies for posting to the same Skywatch episode twice. I am tired, I need a break. I have written a mail to you at Skywatch.

1. Come Friday, Will Travel
  2. More of the Same Rainbow
  3. Morecambe, Lancaster, UK
  4. Colorful Flowers and a Partial Rainbow from Bangalore!
  5. More Conversations from the Rainbow Day

Mridula December 13, 2009 at 12:46 pm

Tarun, let us see the implementation.Nilesh even this rainbow was quite fleeting by the time I got my SLR out it was gone! You click rainbows and yet don't blog!

Nilesh December 13, 2009 at 11:52 am

i too had clicked a picture of rainbow using my old analog camera during my first visit to SFO.About a month back i saw a very faint rainbow in Bangalore. by the time i called my wife and son and took my camera out, phoo.. it was gone.in india, do not know about mornings but in evening we can see rainbow around 4-5 pm provided it has rained/raining, sun is out a little and some luck. i always check the sky when first few conditions are met to try my luck :)

Tarun Mitra December 12, 2009 at 5:36 pm

Congrats..:)

Mridula December 12, 2009 at 2:17 pm

Eileen, it was such a fleeting one! I got only this one shot and then just parts of it :D Tarun, many thanks for the encouraging words. I met the editor and things have been discussed to my satisfaction and I feel they will get implemented too. Let us see.

Tarun Mitra December 12, 2009 at 8:20 am

Heavenly…Mridula, just to say please keep your fight going, even if u are not liking it…it can actually become a good case study..Well that was a joke, but u are doing a good job by not bending down

eileeninmd December 12, 2009 at 1:39 am

Wonderful capture of the rainbow!

Mridula December 11, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Thank you Jyoti.Anu, according to me Lancaster was the rainbow city! I too have never seen so many in such a short span of time.Thank you Megha.Thank you for your wishes Indica I think I am going to need them.Photo Cache I too don't see too many in India but saw a lot of them at Lancaster.Anne, I agree a rainbow is always to catch.Luna, I need that gift from the Rainbow.Halo effect, Lunar halo or lunar corona is some of the names I could find of the web Lakshmi.Thank you Sylvia, I want to have a great weekend.

Sylvia K December 11, 2009 at 4:24 pm

Fantastic capture! Love that piece of rainbow!Have a great weekend!Sylvia

Lakshmi December 11, 2009 at 12:26 pm

it is indeed beautiful..saw once a ring of colours around the moon..what do u call that ?

luna miranda December 11, 2009 at 8:14 am

lovely shot–a gift from a rainbow.:p

Anne December 11, 2009 at 6:43 am

So nice colours in that picture, and the rainbow is allways nce to watch.Nice weekend

Photo Cache December 11, 2009 at 6:43 am

I don't see too many rainbows so I always welcome when fellow bloggers post them. Thanks.

indicaspecies December 10, 2009 at 5:01 pm

Beautiful! And 4 times in a week…wow~! Someone rightly said: The time to relax is when you don't have time for it.I hope you get around to having some rest and relaxation. Best wishes, and cheers.

Megha December 10, 2009 at 4:15 pm

beautiful!!!

Anu December 10, 2009 at 4:07 pm

WOW!! you really have been lucky with rainbows!!!! i cant even remember when i last saw one!!

JyotiAjay December 10, 2009 at 2:39 pm