Let there be Light

by Mridula on November 6, 2010

in Canon D350,Diwali,festivals,Photography

Diwali Candles

Let there be Light!

Some of the Diwali pictures from yesterday. Chhavi completely went berserk over the crackers, she wanted to light everything herself! Only she has no idea about the danger and Brat 1 and 2 kept running after her. Brat 2 is leaving for Dubai today later in the evening for an internship for 8-9 months. I remember when Brat 1 and 2 were Chhavi’s age and they also used to be equally excited about crackers! They are now on the verge of moving out of the house!

I always took festivals for granted, this was the first Diwali where I realized how lucky we were that all of us were home. I do not do any Pooja but I quite enjoy lighting the candles and bursting a few crackers. It is also for the first time I realized how the pollution level went up within a few hours in the evening on Diwali. Wonder when I will muster the courage to go cracker free.

Diwali Lights

Diwali Lights

1. Yet More Diwali Stuff
  2. Wish You A Very Happy Diwali
  3. Wish You all a Very Happy Diwali
  4. Diwali Greetings
  5. Diwali Celebrations 2009

Anu November 12, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Lighting diyas and candles is the best part of Diwali, something I missed this year.. am not too fond of crackers, but Samhith is, but since we werent here, it was easy to divert him!! the pollution really gets bad, but even then, guess Delhi is better than Bombay! at least more people light lamps… here it is mostly electric lights, mostly just one ‘kandeel’!

Sanand November 7, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Glad to hear that you had a great Diwali with your cousin. I too am not exactly a ‘pooja’ person but I liked having the diyas lit and all that. What is best is the way my son loves the festival and that excites me too. Nothing like celebrating festive seasons with little ones.

Mridula November 9, 2010 at 5:19 pm

I completely agree Sanand, the little ones make the festivals fun once again!

Celine November 7, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Nice to read Chhavi had a good time. My best wishes for joy and happiness this Diwali season.

I can’t stand the noise pollution during Diwali (memories of Diwali in Mumbai..argh!), but do enjoy the lighting and feeling of festivity. My favorite part is the lit clay diyas in a row, as it brings back memories of childhood.

Mridula November 9, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Celine I agree that the pollution during Diwali becomes too bad. many thanks for your wishes.

Mridula November 7, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Good to hear about your cousin, the way kids get excited about the festivals!

Tarun November 6, 2010 at 10:47 pm

Wonderful images……especially the second one…I hope that u had a great fest…yeah and here to I had a hell of time managing my little cousin…