When I post for sky watch most of pictures are either clouds or sunsets. I am not a morning person. But since I learned (and it was a long time ago) that the morning light can do wonders for your photographs I have been making an effort! I was told that the sunrise was at 6.30 at Lakshman Sagar. So when I got up at 6.00 am and saw that it was dark outside I merrily went back to sleep again. I opened my eyes with a lot of effort and saw that it was light outside at 6.30. So my camera in my hand I went out. Only to find no sun! I was left wondering why the sun was refusing to come out!
But when it came out, what a sight it was! It was a glorious start to the day and I was glad I made the effort to get up. And about the sun refusing to come out bit, well I think the sunrise at Lakshman Sagar was at 7.00 am. On both the days that I got up before the sun it finally showed its face only at 7.00 am.
This post is part of Sky Watch Friday. Please visit the Sky Watch page to see more pictures. Better still share your own with us.
PS. A selection of my Lakshman Sagar pictures are now featuring on Rediff.
- Sky Watch Friday- Sun Plays Peak-a-boo Behind the Clouds, Lakshman Sagar, Rajasthan
- Lakshman Sagar, Pali, Rajasthan
- Lakshman Sagar, Pali, Rajasthan- The Journey and the First Impressions
- Skywatch Friday- Another Chilika Lake Sunrise, Odisha, India
- Skywatch Friday- Mountains at Sunrise at Jagatsukh, Himachal Pradesh, India