The Tickets to Nepal are Booked!

by Mridula on February 6, 2013

in Canon D550,Nepal,Photography

So as I said earlier I just booked the tickets to Nepal and everything else seems to be falling in its place. I once again asked the good folks at Above the Himalayas a lot of questions before finalizing my trip. Puru Timalsena the owner has always been super helpful to me and it was no less this time.

I was not sure if I wanted to do the Annpurna Circuit but that is what it is going to be. I actually looked at the pictures from three treks- Annapurna Circuit, Annapurna Base Camp and Mustang and realized that the Annapurna Circuit looked most beautiful. So that helped in making the decision finally.

Trekking in Nepal

Trekking in Nepal

See half the times travel stuff gets sorted out by just writing about it on the blog! But I am trekking later and not in May. I tried to book the trip in May but it just started sounding like so much work. Puru did encourage me to go for June if it suited me better. So if it is going to be monsoon so it be! I am a much happier person now with the tickets to Nepal done. The tickets are actually a gift from my husband.

I usually need a trip like this dangling in front of my nose to feel settled. So it is time to get some work done and get a bit fitter than the last time. In 2012 I managed to trek up to Everest Base Camp but just barely so, it was so damn tiring!

Nepal is going to be the third country I am going to visit more than once. My most visited country is UK (5 times, because of work) and then Malaysia (2 times) and barring something unforeseen Nepal is all set to join this list.

1. The First Tickets of the Year are Booked!
  2. Lovely Nepal
  3. To Trek or Not to Trek in Nepal Again is the Question!
  4. Boudhanath Stupa, Kathmandu, Nepal
  5. A Picture from Patan, Kathmandu, Nepal

Arnab Maity February 7, 2013 at 10:19 pm

All the best Mridula! I am going to EBC in April, hoping to come back in one piece and then read your stories here in May:)

ladyfi February 7, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Lucky you! And what a lovely shot.

Amit Agarwal February 7, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Congrats Mridula:) and wish you all the best:):)

cezan February 7, 2013 at 10:10 am

hey congrats!!!
glad to know your goin to Nepal. it’s a very beautiful place, still rustic in alot of ways yet one of the most fashion forward place in SA. i hope you will have a very enjoyable trip . umm… June…not the best choice of season but then on the upside, less people!! :)
i always get excited when i hear ppl r goin to nepal, cant help but feel a surge of pride… :) try to also go to the eastern mountains next time.. the views are not for the weak… it’s super awesome.

Avanish Maurya February 7, 2013 at 2:27 am

Congratulations..Finally you decided on Annapurna..Have a wonderful trek..

Meena Menon February 6, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Thts soooo Kooooooooooooooooooool!

Vishal Rathod February 6, 2013 at 10:30 am

Finally you are there with bookings . Congratulations for me you are going to one of the countries which I feel is heaven on the earth. I am very happy for you, simultaneously envy you slightly in right spirits because till now I didn’t have any opportunity to visit this beautiful country. Lets see when this happens.Give your best try for Annapurna.

Waiting for your, what is going to be called a splendid trip and for your posts on Nepal.

Anuradha Shankar February 6, 2013 at 10:11 am

Wonderful!!!! so now that its all planned, you can go ahead and complete all your work happily, looking forward to the trip! and we can look forward to loads of lovely pics of the Annapurna circuit!

Tushar February 6, 2013 at 9:40 am

How much ‘Annapurna Circuit Trek’ cost if you write maybe will help travelers.

Akhila S February 6, 2013 at 2:28 am

Wow! Now that is an awesome gift. I have already started eagerly waiting for your post from Annapurna Circuit :)