Bucket List? What Bucket List?

by Mridula on April 18, 2013

in Canon D550,Photography,Travel

Do you have a bucket list for travel? Do you try to travel out of it? What all features on it? I have toyed with the idea of a bucket list but I never got around making it. I can see the uses of such a list, it would keep me busy for years altogether.

I wonder why I really never got down to make it. One answer that whispers back to me is that I like travel just too much and I would actually like to see as much as I can, so no lists for me.

When I started traveling I never thought I would travel much beyond India. I am also much of the independent and family traveler but I have started planning my trips using websites (like Make My Trip and Tripadvisor). But my best bet is still Google Images if I like the images I will go to the destination!

Amazing Nepal

Amazing Nepal

There is another recent change in my thinking. It happened due to my visit to both Nepal and Malaysia. I got quite interested in discovering Asia. Nepal completely hooked me with its mighty mountains. Malaysia is more eclectic with modern Kuala Lumpur, tucked away home stays and lovely beaches of which I have seen only one, Redang.

And in Asia on the top of my list are countries that don’t require visa or have visa on arrival. I already have planned a trip to Sri Lanka and I tried to plan one for Hong Kong but didn’t succeed. Then more places on agenda- Mauritius, Bali, Macau and Hong Kong and anyone else who would give me an easy visa. Mauritius Tourism particularly appeals to me because of its India connections and of course the beaches.

But I firmly believe in serendipity and all my carefully laid plans have often come to naught so I am not at all sure how I will fare with this one.

1. Tagged by JB: My Very Own List
  2. In Search of Cheap Flight Tickets
  3. Romantic Getaways in Malaysia
  4. National Tourism Websites (NTOs) and their Youtube, Twitter, Facebook and Flickr Pages
  5. The Travel Gods Might be Looking My Way Again

Niranjan April 23, 2013 at 1:45 am

Bucket lists are always full and over flowing. :)

Niranjan April 19, 2013 at 7:14 pm

when I was 12 yrs old, i remember jotting down all the places I want to visit in a book and as i grew up, I called it bucket list. I am now actually planning and covering many of them… but my list is still accruing.

Anu April 19, 2013 at 6:25 pm

I do have a bucket list, not on what countries to visit, but on what activities I want to do. Although I use tripadvisor, I very much use google images and flickr images to nail down what places to see. In Asia I wanted to visit Angkor Wat and wash elephants in Srilanka!

Thumbelina81 April 19, 2013 at 3:46 pm

I love to travel whereas the husband likes to stay at home. still rooting to find a middle path. I love your pics Mridula and your zealous travel.

My Say April 19, 2013 at 8:40 am

I have TripAdvisor loads of blogs bookmarked (like yours :) ) and like you ven I have a different affection toward mountains and …. all I lack as always is funding :D … salaries are always less .. you can verify with top CEOs like Ambani or their wives .. :D
Well.. I have somehow arranged few 1000s and travelers are ideally bad planners and managers … ( personal experience- coz all my marketing plans ideally fail and I am an equally linent take light manager always dreaming of camping in the rugged weather of Rohtang Pass or Changu Lake : ) ) Bucket List … not for people like me !!!

Madhu Bhardwaj (@madconnection) April 18, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Hi Mridula
Interesting read. You worry about the Visa. How about the tickets? :)
Aren’t they the main ingredient? ;-)

Suresh Rao April 18, 2013 at 6:35 pm

My bucket list is to travel to those places which talks of deep spiritual stuff. I did my Nepal visit for Padmasambhava and my Gurudev Dattatreya. Wish list starts with Nag Hammadi and goes all upto Yucatan. I wish you all the best for your Lanka trip and God willing your Antartica hundi gets filled up soon. But why 2041?

farzana & aliasgarmukhtiar April 18, 2013 at 3:21 pm

nice read and a lovely capture

Debopam Banerjee April 18, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Nice read………….

Debnature
Kenfolios

Easwar Arumugam April 18, 2013 at 12:09 pm

sometimes we may not be able to execute what we plan. nice read.

shooting star April 18, 2013 at 10:40 am

Bali is one helluva place :) we had the most amazing time there :)