Antarctica with 2041
My name is Mridula Dwivedi. I am Associate Professor at a college in Gurgaon, India.
As an introduction, I have a passion for teaching and travel. I strongly believe in the role of the younger generation in shaping a sustainable future for our world.
I have travel blog, Travel Tales from India which has been featured on the BBC and the Guardian. I also featured in a video for Skoda Yeti with National Geographic. I have been invited by Ministry of Tourism, Malaysia as a speaker for their First International Blogging Conference at Kuala Lumpur. My last big trip was to the Everest Base Camp, you can see some pictures of it at Yahoo! India Lifestyle.
To this end, I have been invited to participate in a unique two-week trip to the Antarctic in February 2013 with a select group of 70 people from around the world. The expedition is led by Sir Robert Swan who is the first person to walk unaided both to the North and South poles. Sir Swan runs the NGO 2041. The significance of the year 2041 is that the no mining no drilling global treat for Antarctica is coming up for review. The main aim of the expedition is to raise awareness about it and sustainability in general. I hope you will agree that it is a worthy cause.
I have been given permission by my institution to go, but I now need to raise funds for the trip, which includes fund raising to the tune of $ 22000 plus airfare and gear required for Antarctica. As an environmentally sensitive company I thought this might be of interest to you.
So what are the benefits to you of supporting through sponsorship such a venture?
Here are some reasons I think it would be worthwhile but I am quite willing to discuss any other ideas you have:
- When away on the trip, I would be happy to take your company logo or banner or even a specific product and have it pictured in the Antarctic for use in promotional materials if the donation is above $5000. We will have a professional photographer with us for the duration of the trip who can do this.
- I plan to do regular blog posts and I would feature and link back to your company in all my posts. My blog is quite well indexed with search engines and I have been invited by many top hotels in India to write about them.
- Post trip I plan to do a PR campaign locally through the press and I would be more than happy to promote your company’s name throughout the campaign.
- Post trip I would like to give a talk at your company about the experience.
- There would also be opportunities for you to promote your sponsorship through any in-house publications with reports and pictures that we would provide both during and after the trip.
- On my return, I will be giving lectures on the trip at other places as well. It would be a pleasure to include your company’s name in all the materials created for this.
In a world increasingly aware of the impact of global warming, this trip will specifically look at the affect global warming is having on the Antarctic, as well as addressing ways in which young people can develop the skills and practices to help create a healthier, more sustainable future for us all.
My commitment to the trip and the overarching themes is wholehearted. To this end whatever money I have raised through family and friends is going to be donated to 2041 irrespective of whether I go personally or not. I would be delighted if your company would consider becoming a sponsor in partnership with us. I wonder if you might spare me 20 minutes of your time to discuss the possibility of developing this partnership further.
If you would like to find out more information about the trip, please log onto our website at www.2041.com.