Anything that calls for an hour of discussing food and drinks from around the world with like-minded peeps is an hour spent well in my book. So this last Wednesday, I attended a twitter chat hosted by BootsnAll editor, Adam Seper and here’s some of the things I learnt along the way:
1. Good Street Food: Bangkok. “Make sure you go to the night market and the weekend market in Bangkok and just wander” – suggests BootsnAll.
2. Drink I Can’t Wait to Try: A terremoto in Santiago, Chile. White wine, fernet, and pineapple ice cream. Strong, weird, great, and packs a punch.
3. Bland and Boring Food: Bolivia. I did not know that!
4. Surprisingly Spicy Food: Bruschetta with ‘nduja in Calabria, Italy. According to the Times, “Nduja is made from pork and pork fat, has robust red-pepper spicing and a spreadable texture.”
5. Spiciest Pepper: Ghost pepper. Further research on my behalf revealed that it is awesome as pepper spray.
Who knew, right?