Here are some statistics compiled by Rail Europe about the most popular routes and destinations this summer.
- Top destinations by train (in order): France, Italy, United Kingdom
- Traffic between Paris and Barcelona increased by a whopping 86% due to the introduction of the new high-speed line via the TGV Train. Passengers can now transport between France and Spain, from city-center to city-center, in just over 6 hours.
- With more high speed lines and tickets available at lower costs, Italy sales saw a 35% increase this year. Italian hotspots include: Rome, Milan and Venice – also known as the Golden Triangle.
- Spain and Switzerland are also among the leading European destinations, with an increase of roughly 30% in sales from the same time last year. North Americans are flocking to Zurich, Bern, Geneva, Lucerne, Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia and Cordova.
- Top 5 city-center to city-center journeys this summer:
Rail Europe is the largest distributor of European rail products for North American travelers. A one-stop shop for rail travel planning and booking, the company offers a wide range of rail passes, premier high-speed train tickets, local and regional tickets (from over 50 European train companies), and e-ticketing options for many top destinations. Bookings can be made by visiting raileurope.com.