Inbound Marketing is what we see happening all around us. Gone are the days of pushy, interruptive, seller-centric efforts aka traditional marketing. These days it’s all about the buyer’s persona and their journey. The buyer persona is created through extensive research, it’s a semi-fictional representation of an ideal customer.
Apart from being buyer-centric, this new kind of marketing is tailored to provide information, not withhold it. It’s all about leveraging the right content through the right distribution channels to the right person at the right time.
Contextual content is created, amplified by social media, distributed, and analyzed. Over and over again.
Marketing and sales people work as a team and share a common revenue goal, giving rise to the term “smarketing.” It’s a non-linear effective way of reducing duplicated contacts. It helps increase both marketing and sales ROI.
While studying for the certification, I covered the following topics –
- Essentials of an Effective Inbound Strategy
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – the process of improving your website so that it attracts more visitors from search engines
- Creating Content with a Purpose
- Fundamentals of Blogging
- Social Media
- Enticing Clicks with CTA (Call to Action)
- The Anatomy of a Landing Page
- Guiding the Next Step with Thank You Pages
- Sending the Right Email to the Right Person (If done right, email has an ROI of 4300%)
- The Power of Smarketing
- Taking your Sales Process Inbound
- The Pillars of Delight (Innovation, Communication and Education)
So, if anyone out there is looking to brush up the above skills, HubSpot Academy is the way to go!
Latest posts by Esha Samajpati (see all)
- People are Predictably Irrational – Professor Thaler - October 10, 2017
- Allergy Friendly Birthday Treat - October 8, 2017
- Durga Pujo in Kolkata, India - September 28, 2017