Republican Views of Our New Cafe
Denise Schwartz stopped by last week when the Gazette was interviewing us for their story about the cafe. Below is part of what the Sunday Republican just published about our plans.
“DEERFIELD – Sandwiched between the pickle company, the insurance agency, the family restaurant and the filling station that has operated since 1912, Max Hartshorne found the perfect spot for an Internet cafe in the village of South Deerfield.
GoNOMAD Cafe is scheduled to open in mid-January and in doing so will bring this town of 5,000 into a wireless world.
Hartshorne’s move of his Internet travel business, GoNOMAD, from a few doors down to the new space at 4A Sugarloaf St. will give latte drinkers a better view of the little Town Common as they check e-mail or read Hartshorne’s Web site’s articles about traveling to destinations such as Croatia and “the two Koreas.”
Scone-munching customers will enjoy a first half-hour of Internet access free from the computer-topped counters Hartshorne plans to build in the space’s bay windows and front rooms.
“But it’s not free forever,” he said.”
Latest posts by Max Hartshorne (see all)
- As the Flu Shot’s Effects Wear Me Down, No Interns Make this Fall More Challenging - October 16, 2017
- Travel Blogging: The Writing Still Matters - October 12, 2017
- Inniskea Was Once Full of Human Life, Today, Only Birds - October 9, 2017
- Achill Island, Ireland: Dramatic Views, Splendid Beaches - October 8, 2017
- Wild Atlantic Way Begins for Us in Westport, Ireland - October 7, 2017